Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thumbs up and Thumbs down


It’s been a while since I updated this blog thingy, so I will just summarise the good points and points since the last entry


Thumbs up


I have actually done some work for university. I’m well impressed. It was the introduction for my dissertation, and while it needs a bit of smoothing out and backing up with the relevant research, the main part of it is done. Woop! Whenever I write any assignment the introduction is always the hardest bit to do, and now that I have done this I can get on with the rest of the assignment. Only 9300 words to go lol.


And the rest of university is now getting a bit more interesting. I am managing to attend most lessons as opposed to some of them. My psychology lecturer is going to get me a copy of the POMS questionnaire which I have been searching for all summer without any success. And I’m starting to get stuck into various assignments. Yay.


It has now been 2 weeks and 3 days (and 4 hours and 17 minutes to be precise lol) since my last drink. Cor I’m well proud of myself. Just goes to show that if you actually want to quit something then you can. A couple of my flatmates are trying to quit smoking, but are not getting very far. The reason of course is that deep down, they still want to smoke, and hence they don’t have a hope in hells chance of quitting.


Thumbs down


On the downside of life at the moment is that I’m still jobless, and moneyless, which is getting annoying. Almost every shop in Lincoln now has a copy of my CV, and still I am not getting any luck.


*Stops and thinks about it*


Bugger. Have just realised that I got a new phone number recently. And most of the CVs handed out had my old number on as the only way of contact. Loads of people could have been offering me jobs and I wouldn’t bloody know. Means I will have to hand all the CVs out again. Great


Ah well, apart from that life is still pretty good

No comments:

Post a Comment